Ecommerce Advertising Guide
There has recently been a huge shift in demand from brick-and-mortar retail to ecommerce. More people want access to products and services from the convenience of their own homes. The move to ecommerce has fueled increasing competition among online retailers and it’s hard to stand out. How can ecommerce newcomers keep up with bigger companies?
1. Prioritize the mobile experience.
– More than 50% of ecommerce is expected to be generated through mobile purchases in 2021. – Base your website around responsive design so it’s optimized to work well on any device, especially on mobile devices.
2. Explore other channels.
– Make your presence known on social media, share quality content, and build a connection with your customers. – It’s important to reach out to your customers wherever they are across multiple channels not just to make their experience seamless, but also to make sure your store remains resilient during difficult times.
3. Make it easy for potential customers to find you.
– Invest in advertising platforms, such as Google Ads. – People who are actively searching for your products on the internet are more likely to purchase, so it’s imperative to meet them at the right place at the right time by having your ads show up on search results.
4. Work on the landing page experience.
– Users who have a bad landing page experience are less likely to stay around and make a purchase. Keep the following things in mind when optimizing your landing page:
1. Good page speed. 2. User friendly and responsive design. 3. Finished website with transparent and trustworthy information. 4. Relevant product information consistent with your ad.
5. Retargeting is key.
– Retargeting ads make it 70% more likely to increase your conversion rate. – This important because it can help you win back undecided customers who left your site without purchasing or maybe even encourage converted customers to come back, as they are more likely to purchase again.
It’s been increasingly hard to compete in a crowded ecommerce space, but we hope that these tips will help you grow and endure the uncertainty of digital advertising.
If you want to know more...