04 Jul How to have a successful BigCommerce Store
5 Tips to create a Successful BigCommerce Store
Just starting out with your online business? Looking to improve your BigCommerce store? Do you want to be successful in your work? Through the expertise of our team, we have compiled the five most important things every BigCommerce store owner should follow in order to be successful!
#1 First of all, advertise your products
Selling your products is probably your main goal, but before doing so you need to bring people to your BigCommerce store. Pondering how you can bring in high-quality traffic? The answer is simple: catch them at the moment they are searching for your exact products online! In order to do this successfully, look to Google Ads for the most extensive strategies.
So how do you create these ads if you have no previous experience with Google Ads and no time to learn? Clever Google Ads will create quality Google Ads campaigns for you, for free! You want your brand and products to be seen by as many people as possible, and Clever Adwords is the best way to get your advertisements seen by Google users. This will not only multiply your traffic, but also bring relevant traffic to your store that will lead to an increase in conversions. What are you waiting for? Download the Clever Google Ads app through BigCommerce today!
- Main goal: sell products / services
- You will need: High-quality traffic
- Good strategy: Google Ads campaigns.
- Maybe one help: Clever Google Ads.
#2 Make it Mobile Friendly, everybody uses their phones
Make sure you use a responsive BigCommerce theme! Online shopping via mobile phone is becoming increasingly popular every day! Therefore, it would be a huge mistake to not make your website mobile friendly. Making sure your webpage is compatible with mobile devices. This will help make your company even more attractive to potential buyers and will help to increase sales. Be sure to test all of your features on your own mobile device before launching your site to ensure that everything lines up and loads correctly. Making your website mobile friendly is a great way to gain an edge on competitors!
“Responsive or adaptive web design is a web design technique that seeks the correct visualization of the same page on different devices. From desktop computers to tablets and phones. Today we access websites from all types of devices; computer, tablet, smartphone … so, increasingly, we have the need for our website to adapt to the different sizes of them” – 40defiebre
The responsive design is characterized by:
- Layouts and images are fluid and adapt to the screen of each device: mobile, smartphone, tablets, laptops, desktop…etc.
- It allows you to reduce the development time… And this is reeeeaaaally good!
- Avoid duplicate content, something essential at the SEO and content strategies level.
Increase the ability to go viral of the contents.
#3 Visuals are everything
You get to make one first impression, and the first impression you make on customers is how well your store looks. A disorganized or hard to navigate webpage will only turn customers away, thus it is of the utmost importance to make your store visually attractive! Be cognizant of your color schemes and designs so that you can create consistency and organization within your website. Create display categories that are simple, yet descriptive so that your customers have no trouble finding exactly what they’re looking for. Encourage your customers to make a purchasing decision by making your online store attractive and easy to navigate!
And here you have some design tricks:
- That your ecommerce and its design have a consistency. That is, they have a common general structure. Here you have to take into account the usability, the colors, and go through the sources or the style of the photographs.
- Ease of navigation: the design must be a part of your store, but not hinder navigation. Because the user experience on the web, and especially online stores, is an essential aspect when going to buy or leave from the page to another easier. The steps towards conversion have to be few and simple. Ideally, this process should not exceed 3 steps.
- The color of the links already visited: something as simple as highlighting the links that the user has already visited is a good example of how to facilitate navigation. The clarity of a web page is that the user knows exactly where it is. What you are looking for, and above all, where you have not found it. The unnecessary repetition is bothersome. Another important issue is to distinguish the internal links from the external ones. The best way to do this is to make the external links open in new tabs so that the user is not invited to leave the page they initially visited.
- Follow a visual hierarchy: when a user lands on a website, he or she searches for something specific and finds it depending on the visual presentation of the page. It is recommended that there is not too much text either. The information comes much more clearly when it is concise, well organized and has visual support. Adaptation to cultural reading patterns (in our context, from left to right and from top to bottom) will also make it easier to arrive directly.
- Quality not only in the image, but also in the content: both Google and Facebook rigorously analyze what is online, and they depend on the ranks of quality and correction. 95% of the content on the internet is written, so check your texts more in depth.
- Scrolling is better: it has been verified that the content in vertical form increases the user time on the page. The more they are interested, the more they will scroll down, and the more they scroll down, the more of your store they will see.
- Buttons visible but not tacky: Have them clearly say what they do. That is, if your buttons confuse or do not do what the user expects, you will lose their trust and they will probably leave your ecommerce.
- As we said before, responsiveness matters!
#4 Simplify Checkout and Shipping
Overly complicated checkout and shipping is a sure way to turn off customers. If clients find your checkout to be too complicated, hard to navigate, or insecure, you can bet that they will abandon their purchase. Therefore, your main priority should be to make your checkout process as painless as possible. Some helpful tips to keep in mind are to keep checkout and shipping on the same page. You should also avoid making customers input their information twice. Make sure your customer feels safe while inputting their credit card information and remind them about the precautions you take to ensure their privacy. Simplifying checkout and shipping is a sure way to satisfy your customers and increase your conversions!
Here are seven tricks to improve the shipping of your ecommerce
- Finish what you can send today, don’t leave it for tomorrow: people want ease and speed, there is not as much patience as before and if a competitor promises to send the product faster, they will choose the competitor. Fast delivery systems known as “Prime now” are a must, as are the “Click & Collect” systems.
- Confirm the delivery times: make sure when the user has purchased the product to send an email of the exact date it will arrive. People are very aware of this when they buy for a specific date, you will win confidence from your customers.
- Free shipping: it’s true that sometimes we can’t afford free shipping, or we can’t afford it for all our products, but if you can afford it… You’ll win!
- Tracking the order: if you want total confidence and want to differentiate yourself from your competitors, tracking orders offers an efficient and safe delivery service to your customers. It offers them the possibility of seeing at all times where their order is.
- Points of convenience for delivery: there will be customers who prioritize the variety of delivery points (because they are never at home).
Returns: you have to explain it correctly in your policy of changes and returns and in addition, we recommend that you be flexible with it. People will not risk going directly to a physical store.
#5 Customer Service is Key! They are always right!
Customer Service is essential for any successful business. Although you are unable to develop a face-to-face relationship with your customer, it is still extremely important to make yourself available to your customers. Create an online chat system that allows customers to contact your support channels directly. It is also important to include a detailed and friendly “About Us” page so your customers feel like they can get to know you. Another idea is to ask your customers to subscribe to your newsletter so you are able to maintain this relationship even after a purchase has been made. Relationships are everything, make sure your customers feel connected to you and your store.
Follow these tips and tricks to improve your online BigCommerce store and get on the path towards ecommerce success. BigCommerce makes it really easy for you thanks to their top rated apps that you can easily install for free!
If you are thinking about advertising your store and products on Google, take advantage of our Google Ads Promotional Code. Save money in your first Google Ads campaigns by activating it here.