Summer Marketing Ideas for Your summer campaigns: Get Ready for the Holidays!
Summer is here! Even with all its warmth and splendor, it faces a pandemic that calls for an increase of efforts towards summer campaigns ideas. What is the best approach for your summer campaigns in this bleak time? Check these Summer Marketing Ideas!
We’re here to give some summer campaigns ideas for this season that you can put into action to heat your sales up!
We’ll focus on why you should adapt your online marketing strategy to the summer season, which social networks and types of ads are the best to do this, and we’ll give examples of brands that make specific campaigns for the summer.
Why should I adapt my advertising campaigns to the summer?
There are many reasons why you must take seasonality into account when running advertising campaigns. In the summer, it has been proven that…
- There’s more free time to close deals
- Consumer habits are on the rise
- There’s an increase in your visibility thanks to social networks
- There’s improvement to your branding and digital reputation
- You’ll need to prepare your online marketing strategy for the new season
Keys to designing a good digital strategy for the summer: summer campaign ideas
When creating a new plan and strategy, you have to lay out your goals and plot how to achieve them.
Things to keep in mind this summer…
- Smartphone usage is booming in the summer season, so it’s a good idea to create easily consumable content for these devices.
- Automate and schedule the actions you are going to publish, it will help you save time to focus on other things.
- Publish interactive, funny and overall more entertaining content. It’s a great time to do things like contests and raffles.
- Increase or maintain the frequency of your publications.
- Adjust the schedule of your publications to the daily rhythm of your target audience (sleep schedule/eating times/internet browsing times).
- You’ll probably spend a few hours away from home yourself. That’s why it’s important that you carry all the apps you need to continue serving your customers and potential customers on your mobile phone. Don’t neglect customer service!
Social media networks more suitable for your digital marketing strategy this summer
This social media network pairs well with the excellence of summer. It’s a great place for your branding during these months, as your audience will upload photos of their vacations or weekend breaks (beach, mountain, swimming pool, etc.). Be a part of those photos and it will have a ripple effect for your business.
This network is used less often in the summer, but it’s best to never neglect any channels. Take this opportunity of lower turnout to publish entertaining, relaxing or playful things. Instead of a traditional business-related theme.
Some businesses don’t fit with the format of Instagram, so continuing with Facebook (if that’s where your audience is) is your best bet. Same as you would with LinkedIn, prepare fun and energized content that will get your audience excited. To be successful in Facebook marketing, you’d need to plan out what type of content to post that your audience will engage with. Once you are done with that, you start creating the content and schedule the Facebook posts to be published on specific days and times. From here, you’d need to analyze the performance of your posts to see what’s working and not. This will help you to constantly improve the Facebook marketing strategy.
Twitter is still the fastest and most available news channel. It’s common to hear that many of its users claim to be up to date with the latest news around the world. Therefore, it’s logical to think that when they are on vacation it will be a frequently used social media network.
Type of content recommended for summer campaigns
Although the goal is to sell, you must realize that general content is essential. What content is most likely to be published in the summer?
With the onset of more free time and relaxation, whether it be in a pool or on the couch, podcasts are being used more and more. If you are able to advertise your product through a certain podcast of interest, it can certainly have a positive impact.
This is probably the easiest way to make more playful or relaxed content. If you aren’t one to use videos, this a good alternative to keep your community hooked on your profiles throughout the summer.
Videos are a great way of presenting your content in an easy and accessible way. With the summer months comes a time of interest towards media such as this.
It’s best to not abandon your blog during these months and periodically update it with new and exciting content.
Ecommerce examples that made a specific digital marketing strategy for the summer
Leh Berry: Beat the Heat – fun design + summer marketing campaign slogan
Sunny Co Clothing’s Viral Red Swimsuit Giveaway – Annual Instagram event
J.Crew’s Summertime Creative Survival Guide – a responsive campaign designed to