Tips & Advice for your online store
How to make the most out of October holiday?
September is coming to its end, and October appears on the horizon. This is, without a doubt, a critical month for ecommerce for two reasons: Halloween is here and it’s already time for winter clothing shopping! So, if the category of your ecommerce is included in fashion and apparel you should not miss the chance to bring some extra traffic to your store and check these ecommerce tips for this month.
According to NRF, more than half of consumers start researching in October or even earlier. Whereas, only 33% actually purchased in the period before November. For that reason, now it is the best time to get your store prepared and ready to attract customers which will come back later to you for their actual purchases.
You should plan ahead and prepare your store if you want to get the most benefit from the holiday. Below you can find some ideas about how to do it:
- Announce your special seasonal promotions to your clients through email marketing. Keep in mind that your audience will receive tons of emails in these days. For that reason, be sure to personalize your message and use some extra creativity!
- Make some temporal changes to your website in order to make it more seasonal. Some hanging spiders, some ghosts hidden around- spread the spirit!
- Include some special offers in order to drive more customers to your store. Offer free shipping or some discount codes.
- Create urgency with a countdown. Example: “Hurry! Deadline approaching! Shop today in order to benefit from our store’s special offers”
- Who doesn’t love freebies? Offer some special Halloween freebies to your customers when they make a purchase, giving them an extra motivation to visit your store.
Make sure your website provides a user-friendly experience
Last but not least, make sure your site is mobile responsive. Below you can take a look in some interesting E-commerce stats:
- By the end of 2017, over 2 billion mobile phone or tablet users will proceed into a mobile commerce transaction.
- 95% of mobile internet users look up local information on their phones for the purpose of calling or visiting a business.
- Mobile devices account for 19% of all US retail e-commerce sales. This number is estimated to increase to 27% by the end of 2018.
Data source: Invesp conversion optimization