Ecommerce Tips – Advice for your online store
What ecommerce tips should you follow for October?
As September is coming to an end, the importance of October begins to take shape. This is a critical month for ecommerce for two reasons: Halloween has arrived and it’s time for winter clothing shopping! If your ecommerce store includes fashion and apparel you shouldn’t miss the chance to bring some extra traffic into your store.
According to the NRF (National Retail Federation), more than half of consumers start researching for product in October or even earlier. Whereas, only 33% actually purchased in the time period before November. For that reason, and as a good piece of ecommerce advice, now is the best time to get your store prepared and ready to attract customers who will come back later for their actual purchases. It’s quite important to seek out ample ecommerce advice when going forward with your company as well, especially with the various holidays ahead.
You should plan ahead and prepare your store if you want to get the most benefit from the holiday. Below you can find some easy to follow ecommerce tips and advice on how to do so:
- Announce your special seasonal promotions to your clients through email marketing. Keep in mind that your audience will receive many emails a day. For that reason, be sure to personalize your message and use some extra creativity!
- Make some temporal changes to your website in order to make it more seasonal. Some hanging spiders, some ghosts lurking about- spread the spirit!
- Include some special offers in order to drive more customers to your store. Offer free shipping or even some discount codes.
- Create urgency with a countdown. Example: “Hurry! Deadline approaching! Shop today in order to receive our store’s special offers”
- Who doesn’t love freebies? Offer some special Halloween freebies to your customers when they make a purchase, give them the extra motivation to visit your store.
Make sure your website provides a user-friendly experience
Last but not least, make sure your site is mobile responsive. Below you can take a look in some interesting E-commerce stats:
- By the end of 2017, over 2 billion mobile phone or tablet users will proceed into a mobile commerce transaction.
- 95% of mobile internet users look up local information on their phones for the purpose of calling or visiting a business.
- Mobile devices account for 19% of all US retail e-commerce sales. This number is estimated to increase to 27% by the end of 2018.
Data source: Invesp conversion optimization