The best Marketing tips for the Book International Day
As you may know, tomorrow is the International Book Day… So now is the time to kick off your Seasonal Marketing campaigns for this special date!
So here You have several data important to know today, in order to know how to do the best marketing strategy this week.
3 Main Pillars
There are three things to consider in any marketing strategy, whether you sell books, clothing, beauty products… Anything! You can never lose sight of it:
- Positioning SEO and SEM.
- Know your audience (target).
- Make Branding.
Positioning: SEO + SEM
- SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a set of techniques and tools used to optimize both web pages and landing pages, so that search engines such as Google can read them more easily and quickly.
- SEM is the acronym for Search Engine Marketing. When we talk about SEM we usually refer to paid search engine advertising campaigns although actually, being purists, SEM refers to any marketing action within search engines, whether paid or unpaid.
While SEO focuses on improving visibility at the organic level or naturally in search results, SEM relies on paid advertising campaigns in the result pages. … As you see, paid results are displayed under the “Sponsored” or “Advertisement” tag.
Therefore, a good marketing strategy usually comes, among many other things, from a good combination of SEO + SEM.
Know your Target
Sometimes, no matter how much we create strategies that we believe will be successful, our work does not bear the fruits we would like and we see that our strategies do not work. Why does this happen? Sometimes it is only necessary to identify your target properly. Identifying your target is the first thing you must do for your marketing strategy to really work.
If the competition is beating you with their marketing plans, we assure you that it is for a particular reason: they have better identified who they are talking to and how they should do it. Identifying your target is essential, but it is also essential to do it very well, in a very specific way. Sometimes we think we know exactly who we are talking to, but we are not self-critical or reflective in this respect.
Identifying your target, as the person in charge of the marketing area, will give you more opportunity to improve your strategies and later on, see your company grow because of your effort. You will attract just the right customer. Knowing exactly to whom and why you are selling, helps you to concentrate your efforts on what really matters.
Many make the mistake of selling “to everyone”, because it will work for some. But this has always been useless. Identify your audience branches and create customized campaigns, emails and newsletters for each of them!
Branding can be defined as the process of building a brand. It seeks to give weight and show all the qualities that the brand itself has so that the client can know the values and vision that the brand has and that serves to differentiate it from others.
The main objective of a branding campaign is the creation or restoration of a strong and lasting bond between the brand and the public. Every strategy seeks to position the brand in the consumer’s mind as the first option to buy that product or service.
Exercise your branding!
Main Traffic Sources
The first thing we want to ask you is… Do you know the different sources of traffic?
- Organic traffic: we’ve talked about it before, it’s the one that comes from your SEO efforts.
- Direct traffic: when people go directly to look for a specific website, because they already know it, they know what they are looking for.
- Referral traffic: the word of mouth of all times, that other important sites and the literary sector, in that case, talk about you and link to your website.
- Paid traffic: we mentioned it before, SEM. Traffic from paid sources such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads…etc.
- Social traffic: very simple, the one that comes from your social networks.
Well, the data speaks for itself, and the trend in terms of traffic sources in the book ecommerce sector is…
- Organic traffic: 45.54%.
- Direct traffic: 39.40%.
- Referral traffic: 11.17%
- Paid traffic: 3%.
- Social Traffic: 1.35%
With this data, you know where to push!
Although computer-based shopping continues to predominate, more and more people are using their cell phones to do their online shopping… Is Responsive your book ecommerce?
Things that work…
Other marketing actions you can’t forget are…
- Trying to get reviews: users trust what other people say about the products they have already bought. Get good reviews and you will have some ground gained.
- CTA Buttons: the buttons known as “calls to action” are very important. Study your competitors well and go for it!
- Graphics and creativity: you have an ecommerce of books, and, as a rule, people who read usually have an open mind, imagination and creativity. Apply these concepts to your website!
- Linkbuilding: what we were saying about the referred traffic. This is VERY important for SEO. Work your linkbuilding strategy, the more people who speak well of you, the better domain authority you will have, and Google takes this very much into account for its website ranking.
- Videos: author interviews, book club… Make fun and entertaining content in video format and upload it to your website. As we said in the previous point… Creativity matters!
Did you know that…?
- 75% of online book stores spend less than $1,000 per month on online advertising?
- The most used format in their online ads is HTML (almost 70% of the cases). Long live free eBooks!
- The most common banner size is 728×90 / 300×250. Keep this in mind for your banners!
More used Claims
We used to talk about CTA buttons… Point these calls to action, because they work best!
- The Best Price, Guaranateed!
- FREE SHIPPING!
- New Collection!
- SHOP NOW!
We love infographics!
And for the rest of the year, don’t forget that we have talked already about 5 seasonal ecommerce marketing campaigns you need to do in 2019 and download right now and for free the best retail calendar for your business, don’t miss any important date!
And of course, these are our Book Day recomendations for you. Nice reading!