How to do a (good) Blog Marketing Strategy?
If you have an ecommerce store and you just threw yourself into the pool and you want to create or optimize your blog and social media profiles… it’s time to consider how you are going to make a good blog marketing strategy and, most importantly, a strategy that works and helps you with sales, which, after all … It is what every ecommerce owner wants! An example that you can analyze is our own content strategy in Clever ecommerce, maybe it gives you some ideas!
To consider before making your Blog Marketing Strategy …
Steps to follow
- Analize the situation of your ecommerce in these last months.
- Define your goals.
- Define your audience.
- Create a “content tree”.
- Learn about content strategy techniques.
- How to create content?
- Promote those contents.
- Know and measure your results.
Analize the situation of your ecommerce in these last months.
How can you analyze the situation you are in? Make a table with your brand on the one hand, and your market and your audience on the other, and analyze the following questions:
- What problems and what opportunities does it has?
- What do you want to do?
- How much is your budget?
- What is your competition doing and what are the market trends?
- What is and types of your current audience?
- What behavior do they have?
- What new audience do you want?
- What do your customers think about you right now?
Define your goals
The goals of a business always have to be SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely), and you also have to differentiate monetary goals (i.e., business), marketing goals and aspirational goals (the ones you want to reach).
- Increase your community of followers/buyers.
- Have more conversions/sales.
- Improve your SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Improve/increase your branding or brand awareness.
Define your audience
Yes, there has always been talk about gender and age, but… What is it that interests people who buy your products? Divide all your audiences into groups, recurring customers, people who have bought once, new customers… And then in each group analyze their interests, their preferences, how and when they buy (by what channels) and the types of content that, based on all this, imagine that they may like.
Create a “content tree”
A “content tree” is an summary of what you are going to publish. We recommend that, apart from contents that may arise with festivities or trending topics, you have planned the contents by quarters, so everything will be simpler, organized, and will give better results because it will be oriented and strategically designed, not fast and on the fly.
Ten en cuenta…
- The content your brand needs.
- The content your audience wants.
- And the content you already have published, if you have any, because maybe you have to update it.
Types of content strategies…
- Public relations.
- Customer service.
- Email Marketing.
Some ideas to create content…
- Create content related to sales on the blog.
- Educate customers through content of interest.
- Use email marketing as a sales channel.
- Make prescribers generate content for the brand.
- Create content to build loyalty and thus achieve repetitive sales.
Content Strategy Techniques
When applying a specific content strategy technique, everything will depend on the goal you have set and a few more things. Here is an example:
If your goal is to increase sales and the campaign is to distribute your catalog, you will have to create content related to the sale and giving this wonderful ebook to anyone who is interested.
- Create a promotional landing page.
- Create a blog post with excerpts from the catalog.
- Send an teaser to the entire subscriber community.
- Make and publish a banner on the blog.
- Promote the post and landing on your different Social Media.
- Try to make some linkbuilding of your content in a blog of the sector that is interesting and that has an audience that may interest you.
How to create contents?
Promote those contents
Know and measure your results.
We shouldn’t make content and leave it unattended, because that way we will not know what works to do it again in the future but with another topic or campaign. We always have to keep in mind…
- Make the links trackable.
- Generate custom links.
- Use personalized discounts to find out which one works best for your business.
- Create different lists for your subscribers.
- Use heat maps to find out what works best and worst for you.
Analyze in Google Analytics the behavior of your readers and your conversions.