Best Chrome Extensions for Ecommerce – The Must Have List for your Online Store
If you usually browse on Google Chrome, you might be aware of its extensions. But do you know how to make the most of them to be more efficient while running your online store? Take a look at our special pick of the best Chrome extensions for ecommerce entrepreneurs.
What are Google Chrome extensions?
Chrome extensions are small pieces of software or applications that allow you to customize your browsing experience.
Some of the advantages Chrome extensions are:
- Adding extra functions to Google Chrome, adapting the browser to your specific needs.
- Saving time and effort. The extensions may act as shortcuts, allowing you to execute some tasks with fewer clicks.
- Performing specific tasks without leaving the navigation window you’re in.
- Activating alerts and specific notifications of your interest.
- Some extensions can give you relevant information about the page you are visiting.
They work as additional tools that usually have a free version with the basic options and a paid or premium version, with more advanced resources.
Note: Do not confuse Google Chrome extensions with other types of add-ons, such as plugins, modules or apps that you install in your store. Chrome extensions are installed in the navigation bar and only affect your particular browsing experience.
On our ecommerce blog you can find additional articles and reviews about the most recommended plugins, modules, and apps for your store.
The 7 Best Chrome extensions for ecommerce
In the Google Chrome web store you can find a large number of extensions that are constantly increasing. Some of these extensions can be especially useful for your ecommerce business.
We highly recommend the following ones:
Google’s Tag Assistant allows you to verify that you have installed various Google tags correctly on your page, including Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager among others.
It is as easy as navigating to any of your pages to know what tags are present, if there are errors in them and what improvements can be made in their implementation.
Tag Assistant Highlights:
- Record a typical user flow on your website to find and troubleshoot Google Analytics implementation problems in real time.
- Most Google tags are checked including Google Analytics, AdWords Conversion Tracking, Google Tag Manager and more.
- Powered by Google.
You really need this Google Chrome extension if you need to make sure your store’s conversion pixel is implemented correctly.
Clever Ads Keyword Planner
With Clever Ads Keyword Planner Chrome extension you can find the right keywords for your Google Ads campaigns.
If you add this extension you can scan your competitors’ stores to find out what keywords they are using on their landing pages. Use the extension while you browse your competitors’ products to get their keywords in one click.
Clever Ads Keyword Planner Highlights:
- Find new keyword ideas and download the data to your computer.
- Get monthly search volume and estimated cost per click instantly.
- Free with no restrictions.
You really need this Chrome extension if you want to boost your Google Ads campaigns.
Shopify Inspector will reveal all the secrets behind any Shopify store.
In just one click, you will be able to obtain valuable information about the store you are visiting such as: themes, installed apps, number of products in the store, the best-selling products, the latest products published, price range, average monthly visits, traffic sources, visitors demographic profile, and social links.
Shopify Inspector Highlights:
- It’s always free.
- It’s easy to use, one-click store visibility.
- It’s fast and lightweight, and shows results instantly.
You really need this Chrome extension if you want to discover the secrets of your competitors on Shopify, no matter if your store is built with PrestaShop, WooCommerce or any other ecommerce platform.
Oberlo – Aliexpress.com Product Importer
Oberlo’s Chrome extension allows you to Import and sync products from AliExpress to your Shopify store.
With it you can import products to your Shopify store from aliexpress.com, display additional shipping information while reviewing products on aliexpress.com and process orders that contain products from aliexpress.com.
- Import products to your store with just one click.
- Order products from AliExpress.com with an autofill checkout form.
- Link order details between your store and AliExpress to simplify orders.
You should consider this Chrome extension if you are planning to start a dropshipping business.
Use Streak CRM to manage sales and customer relationships directly from your inbox.
This extension can help you manage your customer relationships easily giving your inbox the best features of a CRM software for free. You can create contact lists, personalize emails with information from your customers, take notes on specific contacts, and move them through the database depending on their responses.
Streak CRM Highlights:
- 750,000 users, 4.5 stars on Google Chrome Store
- Built directly inside of Gmail with G-Suite integrations to help you access and gather your data quickly.
You really need this Chrome extension if you need to manage your customer database through Gmail successfully.
Buffer is the easiest way to share different page content on your own social profiles. With just one click this Chrome extension allows you to publish on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Publish the content you are reading directly on your social networks.
- Add articles to your social media queue for future scheduling.
- It integrates directly into the main social networks and allows you to share content more easily.
You really need this Chrome extension if you want to schedule your social media posts without having to be connected right away.
Google Lighthouse is a tool with which you can perform an audit on your store.
When auditing a page, Lighthouse runs a barrage of tests against the page, and then generates a report on how well the page did. With this report you will be able to ask your developer for the tech implementations to improve your store performance.
Google Lighthouse Highlights:
- Instant report
- Easy to understand graphs and scores
- Powered by Google
You really need this Chrome extension if you want your store to be completely optimal for Google and make it as smooth as possible for use on any device.
How to install a Chrome extension
Downloading and installing Chrome extensions is very easy. First go to Chrome Web Store platform. Use the search box to find the extension you are looking for by its name. You can also try the menu on the left to filter extensions by category or rating. Finally you can investigate the suggested extensions that you will find grouped by themes.
- Once you have found the extension you are looking for, click on its name to display its characteristics. Click the “Add to Chrome” button in the upper right corner and in a few seconds you will have it installed in your browser.
- Once installed, the extension will sync automatically. To access it, go to the shortcut icons that are added to the upper right of the navigation window.
- How to manage Google Chrome extensions
- You can easily manage your Chrome extensions from this URL: chrome://extensions/
- You can also access them from your browser’s menu by clicking the puzzle tile at the top of the browser. There you can see and manage (active, deactivate, or remove) all the extensions you’ve installed.
One final piece of advice
Chrome extensions can help you save time and be more productive managing your store, but you should also know that installing too many extensions on Google Chrome can slow down the browser. That is why it is highly recommended that you make your own selection with those extensions that best suit your needs.
If you are not yet using extensions on Google Chrome, don’t wait any longer to try them. You can start with our selection of Best Chrome Extensions for Ecommerce to discover how they can help you.