11 Feb How to Improve your BigCommerce SEO Strategy in 2019
SEO algorithms and strategies are changing continuously
So much so that SEO has nothing to do with what it was a couple years ago. That’s why it’s really important, especially for ecommerce businesses, to be up to date with the latest tried-and-true SEO strategies. In this post you will learn about the newest BigCommerce SEO techniques with which you shouldn’t wait a second to apply to your business.
What should you do in order for your BigCommerce store to be found on Google, Bing and other search engines?
- Make sure all your pages load perfectly: Sometimes you spend a lot of time optimizing your content and don’t pay attention to tech issues. Always remember to reduce the loading time of your site, to have it optimized for mobile and solve any site errors that may arise. BigCommerce themes are mostly responsive; here you can find a list of the best BigCommerce themes to use on 2019. In order to keep this under control, We recommend that you continually monitor your site on your Google Search Console.
- Write useful and unique product descriptions: You should write descriptions of your own that are great, descriptive and original. For improving your BigCommerce SEO you should select your keywords and use them in your content. Don’t just copy manufacturers’ boring descriptions, but talk about the benefits of the product, not just about its functionality. Having an attractive product description is the best way to lead shoppers to purchase your product.
- Write strategic URLs and page descriptions: Think about it, people searching for your products may or may not know your products and brand already. Including the product name and one keyword related to the product category in these key places will help you match both branded and generic searches. This is essential for your BigCommerce SEO strategy.
- Don’t force keywords where they don’t fit: When reading about BigCommerce SEO strategy, you learn about the huge importance of repeating keywords. But you have to be extremely careful. Of course you should include the main keyword in the product description but it should flow naturally, remember a human will read it, not just the Google bots.
- Create your own blog: This is SUPER important for generating keywords and improving your BigCommerce SEO strategy. The more content related to your store and products, the better, and it also improves trust! What more could you ask for?
- Use videos on your product pages: Including videos showing off how to use the product will make people more likely to buy the product. It will also help them understand what the product is like as it can be complicated sometimes when shopping online. This is a less common BigCommerce SEO strategy but it’s increasing its importance this year.
- Let people review your products: Reviews are great for generating trust and generating new content in your product pages! It’s proven that reviews can increase your sales by 18%. Also, people writing reviews will be likely to include your keywords in the review.
- Make sure your product description and the headline matches: if you promise something in your headline, and then the site doesn’t correspond with it, Google will blacklist you.
- Enable Rich Snippets and Knowledge Graphs: It’s always cool to start bringing traffic to your site with Google Ads, and there are really cool free apps helping you with it on BigCommerce. But once you are building your BigCommerce SEO strategy, you should always try to get featured organically in the Rich Snippets that are now the first place where visitors tend to click. You can check if you are doing this correctly on Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool.
- Add breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs will help everybody understand how your products and categories are structured. Both Google and your customers will benefit from your efforts. For Google, it works like a roadway that makes it easier to index and crawl your site, and for customers, it will really improve their user experience.
As you see, building your BigCommerce SEO strategy is really time-consuming and you will need to do your best in order to make your site visible organically. A successful BigCommerce SEO strategy is a long-term strategy, but once it’s built, it stays forever. You won’t need to invest money continually for maintaining your positioning, as you would do with paid strategies.
We recommend using Google ads and other ways of paid advertising in the first 6-12 months of a project, while you are building your BigCommerce SEO strategy parallely. Then once you start seeing SEO results, decrease the money you invest on SEM strategy progressively.
However, we assure you that applying all these tricks and tactics will give you serious results in terms of your BigCommerce store performance. Ready for it?
And, if You need more reasons to build your ecommerce with BigCommerce platform, here You can read how to build a successful BigCommerce store 😉